Because I am constantly busy working on something, I have never had time to actually put everything in words and pictures. But, since you got here, then you must have already seen some part of my work - and this is the way I’m talking. I'm 24, born in Romania, studied at UPG Romania in software development field. I started from 0, mostly with basic stuff, and I’m evolving every day to an expert. I'm focused on freelancing projects, from small websites, to really heavy stuff.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Solving GlassFish 3.1/JSF PWC4011 warning


   When you combine GlassFish 3.1 and JSF, it sometimes cause in Glassfish server.log file the warning:

PWC4011 Unable to set request character encoding to UTF-8 from context ...

To get rid of this warning, you need to add in glassfish-web.xml a few lines:

<!DOCTYPE glassfish-web-app PUBLIC "-//GlassFish.org//DTD GlassFish Application Server 3.1 Servlet 3.0//EN" "http://glassfish.org/dtds/glassfish-web-app_3_0-1.dtd">
<glassfish-web-app error-url="">
<parameter-encoding default-charset="UTF-8"/>
</glassfish-web-app>

No comments: